Mobile has made access to Facebook much easier, but the social networking site has also become susceptible to attempted hijackings and attempted thefts on cell phones. Here are a few ways to make sure that the most popular site is safe from being hacked. According to ABC News, one of the ways to safeguard your Facebook account is to always logout after using it on your mobile and use ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner was reportedly enraged by a picture linking him to spot-fixing suspect S.Sreesanth in an article by journalist Robert Craddock into corruption in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which led him to insult Craddock and his co-scribe Malcolm Conn on Twitter. An early morning text message from a friend in Australia is believed to have sparked the Twitter tirade ...
Australian opening batsman David Warner is facing a Cricket Australia (CA) disciplinary hearing for his vitriolic social media outburst at respected News Limited sportswriters Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn. Warner, whose captaincy aspirations have taken a hit, had been reported for breaching the code of behaviour of the CA, which will be deciding a date for the hearing ahead of this week's ...
An Australian sports commentator has sparked outrage on Twitter for an Indian impersonation during a news broadcast. Sandy Roberts had put on an Indian accent and made a joke about eating curry following coverage of the Indian Premier League (IPL) during Channel 7's news broadcast, News.com.au reports. According to the report, Roberts' action caused an instantaneous backlash against him in ...
video viewing doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. If you're ready to advertise on YouTube for the first time – with one of those ads that pop up before you watch your video – then this basics guide is for you. Although there is a lot more intricate information that goes into getting the best ROI from YouTube ads, this nine-step guide is simply a beginner's ...
Winds: From the SSE at 6.0 MPH Gusting to 8.0 MPH
Brand Upon the Brain! [DVD]
It has been said that, in order to fully get any one of Spanish cult director Jess Francos films, you need to have seen all of them, and I suspect the same is also true of Canadian cult director Guy Maddin. Fully getting Franco is a tall order given that he has directed n ... ...
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) has agreed to buy Tumblr Inc. in a $1.1 billion, all-cash deal. The board of directors for Yahoo Inc. has agreed to buy social-networking and blogging site Tumblr Inc. for $1.1 billion, The Wall Street Journal reports. Its the biggest deal yet for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, after a series of smaller deals since she took control last year, according to the Silicon Valley ...
Westwood, Mass. based English Helper Inc. has secured a new round of funding. The developer of software to help non-English speaking people learn the English language raised $750,000, according to documents filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Used by schools, higher education students, skill-building organizations, companies, and other individuals, English Helpers products ...
Target Corp. has opened an office in San Francisco, where it plans to scout for tech talent to build its e-commerce and mobile technology efforts. Reuters reports that Target had hired David Newman to run its Technology Innovation Center, which will seek out other tech companies that can help Targets tech ventures, like speeding up its website or improve the shopping experience for ...
The government of Cameroon has ordered mobile operator MTN to suspend an SMS service that had proven a powerful tool for protest movements in North ...
Reuters © Liu Tienan, then head of the National Energy Administration and deputy chairman of China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), attends a news conference about Spring Festival transport in Beijing in this January 8, 2012 file photograph. The latest bureaucrat to fall from grace thanks to the Internet was Liu Tienan, sacked from his job last week as deputy chief ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Millennium Hotel, Queenstown, New Zealand
I've reviewed this hotel before, and found it one of my favourites in New Zealand. Queenstown is located in the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Greek HeraldGreek Herald – Online News Agency: Greece News
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Greek Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Greek news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Greek news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Greek news, the weather forecast for Greece you'll find it all in the Greek Herald.
From Crete to Athens, the Greek Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Under the baton of Placido Domingo, acclaimed Chilean writer Isabel Allende's short story "Una Venganza" ("An Act of Vengeance") emerges from the printed page as the opera "Dulce Rosa", a production with a Latin heart and Greek tragedy in its soul that premiered Friday in Los Angeles.
"Dulce Rosa" is a further effort by the L.A. Opera, directed by Domingo, to bring lyric opera to a wider audience.
"We're always looking to create new works," the Spanish tenor told EFE.
Domingo got behind the adaptation of "Una Venganza" when the idea was proposed to him by composer Lee Holdridge and librettist Richard Sparks, to whom Allende gave the go-ahead years ago without really expecting anything to come of it, she told EFE.
"It finally emerged, to my surprise," the author of "The House of the Spirits" said, adding that she often receives requests from artists to stage her stories but "only about 10 percent are used as proposed, the rest get lost somewhere along the way".
Allende chose to remain on the sidelines of the project and leave the work "to people who know the field".
"Dulce Rosa" relates the traumatic experience of young Rosa Orellano, played by Uruguayan soprano Maria Antunez, who, after a political uprising takes the life of her father, a powerful senator of a Latin American country, is raped by a guerrilla with whom she will later attempt to settle scores. ...
- Greek Premier visits Heydar Aliyev Center
- Greek economy in dire need of reforms
- New Greek bailout unveiled to contain debt crisis
- Greece Isn’t Turning the Corner
- Greece moves to prevent teacher strikes
- Common foot deformities like bunion could be inherited
- Roberto Carlos to coach Turkish Sivasspor club
- Chiranjeevi to inaugurate incredible India exhibition at Cannes today
- EU urges Russia against introducing gay law
- Radical Islamist Killed in Tunisia Street Protests
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- EU urges Russia against introducing gay law
- European Union Set to Vote on ‘Too Big to Fail’ Law
- Hayes Government may settle for less than €300m target in pay talks
- UKs FTSE holds steady near 5-12 year peaks
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Baker McCullough to lead new Saratoga Springs restaurant
- Safeway-anchored center on Kauai to open in 2014
- Anheuser-Busch sued by New York distributor
- Whole Foods plan likely to move forward in Prince Georges County
- Calls for China Achebe Nobel prize obscene says Wole Soyinka
- Which well-loved literary detective was nearly murdered by his author
- What really killed Jane Austen
- 20000 Leagues Under the Sea remake put on hold
- George Orwells critique of internet English
- Li Keqiang makes India first stop on his foreign visit
- Reforms enhance pensions role in emerging markets
- Emerging markets are ‘a victim of their own success’ - EXCLUSIVE
- SA to represent Africa at emerging markets
- China allocates 27 bln yuan from land sales for water conservation
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- David Karp Tumblr founder could be worth up to $220m after Yahoo deal
- Yahoos Tumblr takover is a bold roll of the dice
- Google Cant Be Tax Avoiding Because Theres No Such Thing As Tax Avoidance
- Lawmakers seek Google Glass privacy plan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Greek Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Vouliagmeni beach evacuated after bather discovers military shell
- AHEPA Day Celebration Hosted In Athens
- Greek Gastronomy Days At Benaki Museum
- Supreme Court Appoints Corruption Chiefs
- Giving Up The Euro Could It Happen Yet